Date Published: April 6, 2020
Wanting to learn a little bit more about Coronavirus Infectious Disease 2019 (or COVID-19)? As it continues to impact your day-to-day and life as a soon-to-be nurse, a lot of students are curious to explore the pathology of the disease, current diagnostic process, management and precautions, and much more.
Thanks to our friends at NursingCE.com, you have the opportunity to not only educate yourself about COVID-19, but to also earn a free nursing continuing education credit (nursing CE) as well.
What’s a nursing continuing education credit? Continuing education requirements help nurses stay up to date with new practices and improve existing skills and knowledge. Each State Board of Nursing chooses the number of credits required for renewal. Student nurses can earn CEs, too. You can learn more about continuing education credits in this helpful article.
What Is Included in This COVID-19 Course
This CE is designed to help you, as well as working nurses on the frontlines, learn more about COVID-19. Here’s what you can expect during the course:
- Discuss the basic pathophysiology of COVID-19, as well as risk factors, signs and symptoms.
- Describe the current diagnostic process for COVID-19.
- Review the acute management and isolation precautions currently being recommended for those with known or suspected COVID-19.
- Discuss the top ten ways in which nurses can help their communities cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recognize the daily strategies nurses can use to boost their own immunity in light of this most recent pandemic.
How to Access Your Free COVID-19 CE Certificate
Ready to access the training and earn your free COVID-19 CE certificate? Follow the steps below to get started.
- Visit this link for student nurses to access the course.
- Access the free CE content.
- Create a free student account to take the assessment and earn 1 free ANCC contact hour. *Note: You will be prompted to enter credit card information however, you will not be charged.
- Download your CE certificate.
Looking for more helpful content as you navigate nursing school, NCLEX prep and more during this time? We are here to support you and your classmates. Be sure to follow ATI Nursing on Facebook for our most recent articles, resources, prep tips and more.